CORAL Professional Development Award
We are thrilled to inform you that CORAL is offering a reimbursement of up to $500 to librarians or paraprofessionals who are interested in pursuing continuing education through attending conferences, workshops, or other training programs.
Applications for the 2023 Professional Development Award will be accepted:
May 1, 2023 – July 1, 2023.
- Your employing institution must be a CORAL member in good standing.
- You must be a library professional.
- You cannot be a current CORAL officer or a library director.
- You are ineligible if you were awarded travel funds during the previous 2 years.
The professional development activity must occur within the year of the award. Extensions may be requested due to extenuating circumstances. Eligible expenses include tuition, registration fees, lodging at a conference hotel, meals, local mileage, airfare, parking, and ground transportation. Reimbursements will be made according to state rates. Please consult the state reimbursement schedule for guidance.
You need to rack up 10 points. Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- 📝 Details. Complete the application with a keen eye. (1 point)
- 🦄 Compelling writing on why the PD matters to you. (1 point)
- 📢 Explain the benefits. To who? You. (1-4 points)
- 🗨️ Explain how you will share your knowledge with your CORAL community. (1-4 points)
If selected, you must complete a PD portfolio item on what you learned within one month of the event.
- Create a short video using Loom (between 5 to 10 minutes).
- Deliver a PechaKucha-style talk on Zoom (5 minutes).
- Design a virtual poster using PowerPoint/Canva.
Questions? Contact the CORAL Executive Board