CORAL is pleased to award a reimbursement of up to $500 to a librarian or paraprofessional seeking continuing education at a conference, workshop, or other training program.
Applications for the 2022 Professional Development Award will be accepted:
March 1 – April 1, 2022. Access application here.
* Your employing institution must be a CORAL member in good standing.
* You must be a library professional.
* You cannot be a current CORAL officer or a library director.
* You are ineligible if you were awarded travel funds during the previous 2 years.
The professional development activity must occur within the year of the award. Extensions may be requested due to extenuating circumstances. Eligible expenses include tuition, registration fees, lodging at a conference hotel, meals, local mileage, airfare, parking, and ground transportation. Reimbursements will be made according to state rates. Please consult the state reimbursement schedule for guidance.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Applications are evaluated on the following.
📝 Details. Complete the application with a keen eye. (1 point)
🦄 Compelling writing on why the PD matters to you. (1 point)
📢 Explain the benefits you. (1-4 points)
🗨️ Explain how you will share your knowledge with your CORAL community. (1-4 points)
📂 Finally, produce one PD portfolio item on what you learned:
* Shoot a Loom (5 or more minutes but less than 10 minutes).
* Give a Zoom talk PechaKucha-style (5 minutes).
* Produce a virtual poster on your PowerPoint.
Within a month of your event, you agree to complete the PD porfolio item.
Questions? Contact the CORAL Executive Board